Sabrina's Windarcher Guide

Sabrina

Contributor
May 12, 2021
Ultimate WA Guide

ProsCons
Spiraling Vortex is one of the best cleaving skills in the gameLow health
Has Sharp Eyes which allows you to easily gain access to most bossesWind Walk causes auto pot to fail, resulting in easy deaths if not paying attention
Has Stance with high up time so you get most of your actual dpm inBelow average mobility
High avoidability means you're missed quite often, providing even more consistent dpmStorm break does not work on boss type mobs (Hall of Honor) so mobbing is rough
Great Damage with less funding neededHeavily reliant on Speed Infusion
Fun to playSlow to level to 120, some consider it painful pre-4th job and give up along the way
Optional Holy Attribute! Extra damage when you want it, with no loss when you don't
Effective in every single boss, while being the best in several. Not just an SE mule!

AP and Equipment Guide

So one of the best things about bowman in general is that the only piece of equipment that requires a secondary stat is the weapon. This allows for maximum DEX scrolling and allowing you to add as little strength as you possibly can to use your bow. As of right now, the best weapon in the game, Timeless Engaw, requires 125 Strength to wield.

That being said, strength is very easy to acquire passively, even with very little access to funding.

Depending on your level of funding, I recommend going entirely into dex until around level 110. The reason for that is that the majority of your "passive" secondary stat, comes from things such as MoN, Zakum Helmet, your overall, earrings, etc, and you won't have as much of an idea about how much to add until after you get these things. Adding strength prematurely may result in you needing to reset more strength out than what may have been previously necessary.

• Use a clean Zakum helmet until level 100, at level 100 it should be relatively cheap to get a chaos Zakum helmet, even if you need to provide the 10 mil for a SoK

• You can acquire a White belt from dojo and scroll it for strength if you need more to wield a new bow, otherwise just scroll for dex. They're 200 points each and the points can be reset, so feel free to continue scrolling one until it reaches a point you're content with.

• Maple Leaf - Can be obtained from gacha or bought relatively cheap. Can use strength or dex depending on your needs, I personally bought strength and then scrolled it for dex once I had money.

• EPQ earrings that you get while leveling will help a lot until you are able to scroll or buy your own single earring or Rex earrings

• Rex's Red Earrings - Scrolled for strength or dex depending on your personal choice/needs.

• Mark of Naricain (MoN) from cwkpq - Many people smega daily recruiting CWK leechers, and often guilds do as well. It's very easy to get into a run that will allow you to freely loot MoNs, sometimes as many as you want.

• Red Arzuna - Level 100 Overall. Relatively cheap to craft in mass quantities using the "Maker" skill. You can scroll for strength or dex depending on how much more strength you need at this point, and you can always craft a new one later and scroll it completely for dex.

• Aura Ring - 4 all stats from Cash shop, costs 13k NX, absolutely one of the first things you should get after pets
Late game, once you start to acquire more funding you'll begin switching from strength scrolled gear into complete dex gear until you have the absolute bare minimum needed to wear your bow. At that point, your equipment look something close to this:

Chaos Zakum helmet with 22-24 strength, fully scrolled with dex (aim for 40+)
Red Mantle or Reverse Overall Scrolled with Dex
Chaos Horntail Pendant (fully egged)
Spectrum Goggles (clean, chaosed) or the Architecture glasses from Inkwell coins
Rex's Red Earrings (Scrolled for Dex)
Dojo Belt Scrolled for Dex. Truthfully you can go as far as you want. If you choose to stop at white, that's fine, if you want to go all the way to black, that's okay too
Circle of Ancient Power obtained from level 120 Milestone reward (This ring cannot boom this means using 30%s or css1%s is perfectly fine, and I encourage you to do so)

Skill Build + Training Guide
10+ For training, I did the hat quest to 22-25 (depending on amount of killing done) then the warning sign quests in Kerning City for Evil Eye, Horny Mush, and Zombie Mush. When killing Evil Eyes, make sure to collect 50 tails, then once you finish the warning sign quests you can go to Nautilus to turn in the Calico quest and Strange Dish 1

Alternatively, you can follow Brief's guide for 10-30 and complete the marriage quests for Ludi, Orbis, Ellinia, and Perion hearts. This requires set up in advance for maps, as well as
-50 Lupin Dolls
-50 Buffy Hats
-50 Cellion Tails
-50 Firewood

30+ I recommend doing Mushroom Kingdom quests, then CPQ until 45. At 45, EPQ is your best option as it's fast exp and also provides earrings you can use until you get something better.
At level 55, you switch to PPQ until 70+
Training in general for Wind Archer is kind of bad as we lack mobility and mobbing all together until 4th job

70+ You'll start to RNJ at 70 (The PQ says 71 but I assure you that you can enter at 70). Do this until around level 85, and then you can go to gallos. When Transform is up, your exp will fly. When it's down... not so much. A lot of people choose to leech from 80-120, that's an option as well if you so want to. Upon hitting 108, you can find a skele party. If you have hyper body, skeles are your best friend. While transform is up you have a holy attribute on all attacks, making killing skeles an absolute ease. Your exp rate skyrockets, and you'll be on your way to 120 in no time.

Training as a Wind Archer during the third job advancement is painful. You have no health, everything kills you, your mobbing is only affective while transform is up, but you're almost there. All the work you've put in has almost paid off ,and you will be rewarded significantly upon 4th job advancement.

120+ You'll continue at Skeles until 125, then switch to gold monks in Shaolin 5-6. 125 to.. whenever.. you'll stay at Shaolin, rotating between that and bossing until you're able to comfortably train at Hall of Honor. At which point your life will continue to be bossing and Hall of Honor.

If you are funded and this is not your first character
alternatively from 35-100 you can go to Gobies. It requires you to have a minimum of 130 accuracy, not including Maple Pop, and a total of 230 accuracy with Maple Pop in order to be effective. You also need finished pet equips, onyx apples, or both. Trying to go there with lower accuracy may result in false bans for packet editing. Do so at your own risk.
In order to Goby Farm, you need
1 Bishop - for HS and to break houses/Lure
HB Mule - for early levels, WA is squishy as hell
4 Total characters eligible to gain exp, including your new WA and your bishop. These characters can be your HB Mule, other buffs, or anything you want.
For maximum efficiency, I break goby houses and lure them all to the top, where whatever character I am training sits and waits. Make sure to attack periodically with the bishop to maintain the "party bonus"
IF YOU ARE GOBY FARMING, Max storm break THEN Mastery.

Goby Farming, if done properly, nets as much exp/min as poison farming does on a mage, but at a way lower level, and works for anyone who can effectively mob.

Once you're done at Gobies, somewhere around 100-108, go to skeles and kill bot lane with a bishop. Even if you can't leech exp off them, you'll still get a ton more exp yourself having someone else attack.
-Level 1 Double Shot
-Maxed Critical Shot
-Maxed Eye of The Amazon
-Maxed Double Shot
-Extra points into whatever
-Level 1 Storm Break for Mobbing
-Maxed Mastery
-Maxed Storm Break
-Maxed Soul Arrow
-Maxed Booster
-Maxed Wind Walk
-Maxed Thrust

Note: Final Attack actually does not hurt for Wind Archers, however it does not proc from 4th job skills, so it's completely useless
-Level 1 Eagle Eye
-From here you decide between Maxing Wind Piercing or Wind Shot depending on how you plan to train (Wind Shot if you plan to RNJ PQ
-After you max one, you switch to the other (Wind Shot first then Wind Piercing, or Wind Piercing then Wind Shot
-After both of your attacking skills are maxed, you max Eagle Eye
-After you max Eagle Eye, save skill points until 100. Once you hit 100, you do the quest for Hurricane and max it. In most cases, this is your best option for mobbing while your transform is on Cooldown, even though it doesn't mob itself
-After you max Hurricane, save skill points until 110 for Bow Expert. Same thing, once you hit 110, you do the quest for Bow Expert and then max it. After this, skill points don't matter, feel free to max in whatever order you choose. I went with Arrow Rain into puppet, then remaining SP into Strafe
Let me start by saying, if you've made it this far, I commend you. Well done. First of all, take a look at MeerkatMile's Cygnus 4th job guide https://forum.dream.ms/threads/cygnus-4th-job-advancement.1214/

Once you finish fourth job advancement, make sure to get books from Zakum.

Books from Zakum include Touch of the Wind and Song of Heaven, which are your stance skill and your single target dpm skill.

As far as the skill build goes: I know this is unusual to say. Every bowman maxes Sharp Eyes first, but as a Wind Archer DO NOT DO THAT, unlike other bowman, WA can mob. They can train very effectively, and maxing SE and defaulting to a utility mule first will significantly reduce your leveling speed, as well as your ability to meet thresholds in bosses early on.

-At level 120 you will put one point into Spiraling Vortex, one point into Touch in the Wind, one point into Song of Heaven
-After that you will MAX SPIRALING VORTEX. Not level 30. Rush it to 40. This will not only help you level insanely fast, it will help you an astronomical amount in bossing. This includes greening bosses like Chaos Zakum by level 140 with ease.
-After Spiraling Vortex is maxed and not a second sooner, you will start to max Sharp Eyes.
-After Sharp eyes is maxed, go ahead and throw your 5 points to max Wind Breaker
-After SE, max Touch In The Wind
-After Touch, max Song of Heaven

*When I say max, I mean level 40. Wind Archer books are dirt cheap, take advantage of it. Do not scuff yourself, push it to 40.
After all of that is maxed, finally you max Call of Cygnus*

To sum up: Spiral Vortex > Sharp Eyes >Wind Breaker > Touch In The Wind > Song of Heaven > Call of Cygnus

Bossing Guide

Holy Weak
So the good news is that recently all holy immunities were removed, and there is nothing that is holy resistant aside from Ariel in Pink Bean. So I'll go ahead and tell you when to use transform to get the holy damage bonus on things weak to it!​
Chaos Zakum Arm 2
Chaos Zakum Arm 5
Chaos Zakum Body 2
Horntail and Chaos Horntail Head A
Horntail and Chaos Horntail Right Arm
Krexel Left Eye
Castellan (Toad First Phase)​

Yes, you will have to attach Wind Walk to every skill that you use.

For Single Target you use SoH + Wind Walk. Important to note that if you put Wind Walk after the attacking skill it makes it so it never scuffs you in windwalk where you can't attack.

For Cleaving and mobbing, use Spiraling Vortex + Wind Walk

In any situation you should remember that your cleaving skill, Vortex, is 10% better than Song of Heaven if there are two mobs up. However, if one of the mobs is holy weak and you are in transform, Song of Heaven is better. In other words, if you are cleaving Horntail hitting heads A and B, you should switch to Single target for Head A while Transform is active, then switch back to Cleave when transform ends.

Now that macros and elemental weakness is covered, lets talk about when to pop your stance and transform
The biggest difference between Zakum and Chaos Zakum is the addition of holy weakness on arms 2 and 5, and also Body 2. In either case, upon entering the map you will proceed to the mid-bottom platform and stand where I am. When the boss is summoned, you will use Touch, if you're in czak, you will also use transform to cleave Arm 5, but this does not matter in NZak.

Once the arms start to die, you'll move over to the left bottom platform or adjust accordingly depending on the order in which the arms are dying. If you are in an 18 man run, there is a high chance that if you pop your transform a second time before b2, it will still be on Cooldown. This, unfortunately, means you deal less damage, so I completely recommend only using transform once at start, then saving it for b2.
Krex is great early on, the first eye is weak to everything. It's amazing exp while being fast and easy to kill.
When you enter krex, you'll go to the end of the platform right under it's eye where it's slanting upwards. After the tree branch breaks and eye spawns, pop your transform and stance.
After the left eye dies, go to right and just attack as normal. There's not really anything special about krex, however you can stand all the way to the right on the tree to avoid being hit, this does put you out of range for rebuffs though.
Wulin is ranged attack's worst enemy. You do basically no damage compared to your actual DPM. You have two options, you can either spam SoH, and when mobs spawn you kill them off one by one and deal very little damage to Wulin himself... or you can just spam Spiraling Vortex. There's really no right or wrong answer here... we really can't do much here.

As far as positioning, if Wulin is rushed left, there's a peg you jump on that makes it so you don't punch, this is your best option if available. Most expeditions tend to rush right, you can either hop on one of the pegs, or attack from the ground, but it doesn't really make much of an impact regardless. For stance, just use as needed once it's pinned. Transform isn't necessary as nothing is holy weak.
Toad is great. It's a ton of exp and the first phase is holy weak. Even someone with minimal funding can typically white toad as a wind archer as long as you don't have an insanely strong party.

As soon as you walk in and get within range, you pop your transform and stance and go to work. It should be somewhere to the immediate right of the old man NPC is, right under the golden frog statue. As soon as first phase dies, rush to the right to avoid the tongue attack. If your stance comes back up, feel free to use it on second phase, I do not recommend using it more than once on first phase. Just personal preference. If it's a fast run, you may want to save stance to make sure it's back up for round two.
Before Tail is dead, stand on the spot in the first picture

After Tail, immediately go to the right side and stand in the second spot.

The third spot is really only used with stance up. Going there with no stance results in ropestory and you lose more DPM than you gain by hitting an extra target. Be careful of DR in CHT because it is cleaving all 3 heads. The 3rd spot (Bottom Right) is within a few pixels, if you are not in the right spot you won't hit all three heads. Again, you really only stand there when you have stance up.

Little tip for spot number 3, when you transform, the tip of the feather on your hat should be touching the rope in order to hit all 3 heads.

If you run out of cleave or are told to stop cleaving because of expedition preference, you can go to where mages stand on the top left and cleave all three heads from there. When transform is up, switch to SoH as opposed to cleaving.

Also note, Right Arm and Left head are holy weak, so transform is very advantageous to save for after the tail is dead so that it's off CD when you move from left to right

It is hard to die to DR as a WA, you can actually cleave straight through it if you have hyperbody, but you have to be paying attention so be careful when cleaving.
There's really no guide for pink bean. Each expedition does things differently. However, you deal 10% more damage with cleave on two targets than you do when single targeting, so when possible, cleave the old man statues + bird statues. Remember not to transform while fighting Ariel, it's holy resistant. Other than that transform really doesn't do anything for you here.

Depending on the speed of your run, you may want to save your stance for when you are fighting the bird statues. Once you finish all of your statues, refrain from using stance on Ariel if possible so that it is available or Pink Bean itself. Recast as it comes up once you're on the Pink Bean phase of Pink Bean.
Smack it really hard

Questions
Feel free to ask questions if I missed something, this guide has a lot of information, but I'm sure it does not cover everything.

Last edited:

sakalongkok

Jul 18, 2021
Can use the top right rope as a gauge to find the G spot that hits 5 targets.
Up the rope a little to use it as your gauge then down and light tap left.
Thats the G spot baby

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirin

Sabrina

Contributor
May 12, 2021
10/31: Added an actual training section with alternative training methods, tidied up the thread overall."
Added Cygnus

Last edited:
Reactions: Jien

unknownkj

Nov 14, 2021
Just started to train at gallos. Do I stop and wait for transform to cd before fighting again? Currently lvl 85 with Low funding, should I stick to kandiva bow or update at lvl100 bow?

grover

May 1, 2021
NL
Just started to train at gallos. Do I stop and wait for transform to cd before fighting again? Currently lvl 85 with Low funding, should I stick to kandiva bow or update at lvl100 bow?
Waiting out the cooldown seems like a waste of time imo.
Continue to attack without the transform, even though you'll lose your holy element, the lower damage is better than nothing!

Sabrina

Contributor
May 12, 2021
You can switch to storm surge and continue mobbing then switch back to your 3rd job skill when xform is off cd. After you unlock hurricane, you can use that to kill when xform is on cd

Reactions: unknownkj

Plyeo

Dec 11, 2021
Hi sabrina thank you for the useful guide. I’m a newbie so please forgive my stupid question. For hurricane to be maxed at level 100. Is it only to 20? Or is there a mastery book 30? I can’t seem to find

corgiLove

Jun 13, 2021
hurricane for WA is only up to 20, it won't be your main single target skill after 4th job either.

Sabrina

Contributor
May 12, 2021
Hi sabrina thank you for the useful guide. I’m a newbie so please forgive my stupid question. For hurricane to be maxed at level 100. Is it only to 20? Or is there a mastery book 30? I can’t seem to find
Hurricane is a temporary skill and does not go past level 20. It's sufficient in bossing short term but you replace it with Song of Heaven

Plyeo

Dec 11, 2021
Hi guys another noob question. What does activating “stance” in touch of the wind mean? Does it increase WA at all?

Sabrina

Contributor
May 12, 2021
Hi guys another noob question. What does activating “stance” in touch of the wind mean? Does it increase WA at all?
Stance is touch of wind. It makes it so you aren't knocked down as frequently so you can attack more consistently while it is active.

Hexagon

Aug 29, 2021
Love this guide! Just a heads up that Spiraling Vortex is spelt wrong as a mastery book, so when searching for it in FM with Minerva, just type in Vortex :)
Other base level (1-10) mastery books can also be found in FM.

Sabrina

Contributor
May 12, 2021
Love this guide! Just a heads up that Spiraling Vortex is spelt wrong as a mastery book, so when searching for it in FM with Minerva, just type in Vortex :)
Other base level (1-10) mastery books can also be found in FM.
You know, I was pretty sure the mastery book was misspelled but then randomly sometimes it looked right, and I just stopped caring.

Reactions: Hexagon