Removing Dark Sight Requirement for Assassinate.

Hinalle

Jun 21, 2021
Hello, Nyx here from discord.

I think that DS->Assassinate is way too ping reliant.
Since this is an international server, where people from all over the world can play.
People farther from the server will have a disadvantage (lower DPM), compare to the players who live close to the server.
High ping folks gotta wait longer for DS to activate compare to people that have lower ping. This results in DPS gap due to ping.

I think by removing the DS requirement, this will lessen the dps gap between shad players due to ping difference.
By removing the DS requirement, it will give a tiny increase to shad's DPM, but a huge QoL increase to high ping shad players.

theobsm

Jul 17, 2021
Agree, while playing shad with more than 350 ping (South America), sometimes my macro stops at DS and its harder to use the macro again after 4 hit for the better damage output, since the macro only works after a little delay.

momo

May 9, 2021
Or give them the treatment NW got in fixing the dark sight delay for Vanish

Hinalle

Jun 21, 2021
Or give them the treatment NW got in fixing the dark sight delay for Vanish
a good suggestion too.

I still think removing the DS requirement is still the best QoL for high ping shads.
Since unlike Wind Walk and Vanish, DS doesn't really give any bonus damage.

Reactions: momo

momo

May 9, 2021
a good suggestion too.

I still think removing the DS requirement is still the best QoL for high ping shads.
Since unlike Wind Walk and Vanish, DS doesn't really give any bonus damage.
I agree. The DS function really serves no purpose besides gating Nate behind ping. But I also feel like it's not as crucial an issue as some others Shads might have, so if they allow this it might put Shads on lower priority for other changes... Like "we just gave them the Nate, they should be content with that".

Like would you rather have this change, or would you rather have it so that casting a skill after Assaulter cancels the latter's backend delay to allow for more combos/skill expression? There're probably more pressing issues than that as well

Hinalle

Jun 21, 2021
Bump.

For the devs, why not start listening to the high ping shads (who actually has this issue/problem), instead of the low ping shads who aren't having this issue and doesn't know how it feels like to play a shad with high ping.

Reactions: smol and theobsm

Phelpe

Jun 27, 2021
For the devs, why not start listening to the high ping shads
Remove an intended mechanic and gameplay to "help" regulate dps of like 2 shads....hm

DEVS WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR !? THE FK
Why dont you move the server location closer to these shads players? like, wtf.

on a more serious note, the issue you're stating is ping not the mechanics.
There's some ways to fix your ping issues. I wont lecture you on this as I'm pretty sure you're aware what ping is.
You might want to test your own machine and ping the server or something around the server's location to see if your ping is that bad.
Do you play wireless?
Is your machine strong enough to play maplestory?(yeah thats sorta a dumb question but...its a question)
Nvidia or AMD? I had very bad overall experience playing MS on AMD cards

From there we, the community, might be able to help you.
Please refrain of suggesting to remove mechanics just to "fix" things. The smartest thing you could have suggested in that same sense is to make assassinante not uncast darksight. I say that because most skills ingame are castable during lag. If you try to cast dark sight it wouldnt go tru. I'm pretty sure you could spam assassinate during lags if you're already in dark sight so... It would just regulate your dps more evenly if you have that bad of a ping.

~

Hinalle

Jun 21, 2021
Remove an intended mechanic and gameplay to "help" regulate dps of like 2 shads....hm

DEVS WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR !? THE FK
Why dont you move the server location closer to these shads players? like, wtf.

on a more serious note, the issue you're stating is ping not the mechanics.
There's some ways to fix your ping issues. I wont lecture you on this as I'm pretty sure you're aware what ping is.
You might want to test your own machine and ping the server or something around the server's location to see if your ping is that bad.
Do you play wireless?
Is your machine strong enough to play maplestory?(yeah thats sorta a dumb question but...its a question)
Nvidia or AMD? I had very bad overall experience playing MS on AMD cards

From there we, the community, might be able to help you.
Please refrain of suggesting to remove mechanics just to "fix" things. The smartest thing you could have suggested in that same sense is to make assassinante not uncast darksight. I say that because most skills ingame are castable during lag. If you try to cast dark sight it wouldnt go tru. I'm pretty sure you could spam assassinate during lags if you're already in dark sight so... It would just regulate your dps more evenly if you have that bad of a ping.

~
have you played shad with high ping? The issue is that with high ping, the macro get stuck waiting for DS to activate.
and no, if making assassinate not uncast DS, then that would be way too broken. perma stealth for a class that's already tanky.

and like what theobsm and Serent said.

Agree, while playing shad with more than 350 ping (South America), sometimes my macro stops at DS and its harder to use the macro again after 4 hit for the better damage output, since the macro only works after a little delay.

and yet NW and WA got this fix

but unlike WW and Vanish, Like Momo said above, The DS function really serves no purpose besides gating Nate behind ping.

i suggested removing the DS requirement because it has little impact to DPS, but a huge QoL buff for people who lives far away from the server.
Unlike the other suggestions that wants to buff the dmg of Nate and other things, this DS change will have little affect in terms of DPS.

also dont mention about removing intended mechanic and gameplay, since they already removed and changed a few intended mechanics for other classes.

Last edited:
Reactions: theobsm and Phelpe

Phelpe

Jun 27, 2021
@Hinalle

I have to say that I agree with all you said. I wish there was an alternate solution.

Dream, you might want to see what to do about removing(requiring) those skills to fix ping related people. unless there's an effective work around, people have some prob horrible experience with those classes just becase they have higher ping... :/

Thanks for your patience with my previous post lol

Edit: you refer as the NW and WA fix but the DS thing is by far way different. NW and WA's skills add dmg to casted spell. There was a delay where casting the combo didnt properly add the extra intended dmg. thats what the fix is about.(unless i'm wrong.) DS is required to cast the skill so... yeah. I can understand why you ask it to be removed as it would fix the ping issue. I hope for an alternative fix tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: theobsm

smol

May 23, 2021
Henesys
+1

I live in the province next to where the server is located and I still got stuck between ds/nate. It was a scary time at skeles today.