Reduce or remove 6-man minimum entry requirement for PB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Study

Retired GM
Jun 16, 2021
Proposal:

Remove the 6man entry requirement for pink bean, or reduce it to 4man. This is in contrast to 2-man minimum for other daily bosses.

Currently, there is a requirement for a minimum of 6 people to be registered to start a pink bean run.

In light of gear upgrades, many are running 4-mans and 5-mans, which requires a “sign up mule” - aka friends logging onto a character that’s parked at PB - to help them start an expedition. The 6man requirement hasn’t deterred people from running in smaller groups. It is feeling more and more like an artificial barrier.

As people make more gear upgrades, they should be able to run in smaller groups under a time limit to keep the boss challenging.

Last edited:

Blink

Jun 24, 2021
There is no point in forcing players to run a boss with X amount of participants. This becomes even more true when there are workarounds that are just straight up annoying. If you are strong enough to 2,3,4 man PB you should be allowed to and rewarded for doing so!

Reactions: Study

Study

Retired GM
Jun 16, 2021

For reference
Since the August post, the server has introduced Empress equips and CHTP chaos slots thereby providing an extra 30+30+10 potential weapon attack to the player base. A lot more people are running 4- and 5- mans now than in August so hopefully the suggestion can be reconsidered in the current stage of the server

Reactions: Solo

Stayyy

Aug 22, 2021
+1 to this suggestion.
However, if the minimum number of players required to register the expedition is reduced, i personally think that it would be better if the time available to kill Pink Bean is reduced as well in order to maintain the challenge of killing boss. On the other hand, the time available to kill Pink Bean can also be scaled according to the number of players registered and entered the expedition.
Tbh ROT price is already dropping crazily, if the entry to PB expedition is made easier, I hope that there's some methods to counter such situation (if it's possible and applicable) as i believe more players will have more rewards for themselves in a run (since it's a smaller group) and more and more groups will be doing Pink Bean separately.

Reactions: smol and Jing

Sabrina

Contributor
May 12, 2021
Since the August post, the server has introduced Empress equips and CHTP chaos slots thereby providing an extra 30+30+10 potential weapon attack to the player base. A lot more people are running 4- and 5- mans now than in August so hopefully the suggestion can be reconsidered in the current stage of the server
I do not think that the requirement has anything to do with damage, but rather that Dream does not want a lower entry requirement. There wasn't a "there's no plans for this at the moment" message last time, but rather a straight out hard denial, which leads me to believe that he has his own reason for making it the way it is and not wanting to change it.

Study

Retired GM
Jun 16, 2021
These bastards just wanna deflate the price of RoT more.

Don't do it! Don't cater to the sweats!
Can you not call people bastards?

Those who are running 5-man are already running 5-man with mules. This shouldn't change the supply or demand or price of ROTs. But based on your rationale, if ROT prices decline, new people can make their gear for cheaper, whereas sweats make less money from PB runs? Wouldn't it be catering to newcomers?

Reactions: User2

Bienfu

Aug 4, 2021
Can you not call people bastards?

Those who are running 5-man are already running 5-man with mules. This shouldn't change the supply or demand or price of ROTs. But based on your rationale, if ROT prices decline, new people can make their gear for cheaper, whereas sweats make less money from PB runs? Wouldn't it be catering to newcomers?

Fewer people requirements = more runs per actual bodies.

Why do you assume that people who Pink bean are only sweats?

How do you not know casual players aren't the ones going to pink bean too, just once a week or once every 2 weeks?

Deflation would harm the income of casual players.

Incentivizing fewer man runs means less incentive to host 8 man runs. In which case you're locking out the more casual players from pink bean because they don't have high enough damage to do optimal 4 man runs.

So not only do casual/weaker players not be able to get into pink bean, when they do, their rewards are much less profitable.

Honestly just think about the motive for this suggestion, and i guarantee you it's not with any intention of regarding the casual/new player experience.

Last edited:

Study

Retired GM
Jun 16, 2021
Fewer people requirements = more runs per actual bodies.
Why do you assume that people who Pink bean are only sweats?
How do you not know casual players aren't the ones going to pink bean too, just once a week or once every 2 weeks?
Deflation would harm the income of casual players.

Incentivizing fewer man runs means less incentive to host 8 man runs. In which case you're locking out the more casual players from pink bean because they don't have high enough damage to do optimal 4 man runs.

So not only do casual/weaker players not be able to get into pink bean, when they do, their rewards are much less profitable.
Are you misunderstanding what I'm proposing?
I'm not asking more rewards for 4man runs.
How is this proposal "incentivizing fewer man runs"? How is this proposal locking out players out of 8man PBs?

Those with the damage to run 4/5 man are already running 4/5 man right now. I'm so confused as to what this changes.

People are already running 4man with PB mules - which are characters parked outside the PB room and never leave, for the sole purpose of signing up for runs - the 6 man entry is just an artificial barrier.

Reactions: Solo and User2

Bienfu

Aug 4, 2021
Are you misunderstanding what I'm proposing?
I'm not asking more rewards for 4man runs.
How is this proposal "incentivizing fewer man runs"? How is this proposal locking out players out of 8man PBs?

Those with the damage to run 4/5 man are already running 4/5 man right now. I'm so confused as to what this changes.

People are already running 4man with PB mules - which are characters parked outside the PB room and never leave, for the sole purpose of signing up for runs - the 6 man entry is just an artificial barrier.
Solution is to kick people out of the PB room after completion.

4 man PBS are a problem, whether they're artificial or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.