Making money for lower levels for basic needs, and leveling faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ofir

Sep 30, 2021
Israel
well, i havent had time lately to play so i havent reached a high level yet. my highest level is 70 at the moment.
i understand its easy to make quite a lot of money at higher levels, probably through bossing. but i'm not there yet, and i have a long way to go, because i level slowly. why? because i dont play as much as other players play. i recently spent my days doing things outside the game / video games in generally, but recently have more free time to spend on playing here.
but i have another problem, and that is, i tend to get easily bored by normal, repetitive grinding. and lately it seems there is a problem finding enough people for other things like PQ, like, you cant always start the PQ immediately. you gotta wait for enough to come.
but the main problem right now is, i need to make a little more money.
other than that, i have the problem of leveling relatively slowly as compared to other players.
no, dont get confused, not because of the lack of time to play. even when i have a lot of time to play, this problem still occurs.
why? because i'm not sure whats the fastest way to level up for my level.
i thought to do quests, alot of quests, because their exp rate is 5x, which is higher. but many quests can be complicated and require a lot of work to complete.
any thoughts / ideas?
thank you.

Reactions: Albin

Angbak

May 24, 2021

Ofir

Sep 30, 2021
Israel
well, because quests are probably the fastest way because of their increased 5x exp rate, thats the main thing i'd like to focus on now.
but the problem is, i cant find a guide for what quests to do. if even there is one.
this means i must try all quests for my level, and hope the rewards are good. some quests are a waste of time, thats the problem.
are you able to provide any advice about this other than just sharing a link to the guides?
i've been doing PQ lately most of the time and its okay, but the most popular one for my level is Pirate PQ and its getting boring.

Disco

May 27, 2021
I wouldn't recommend regular questing as only certain quests are very efficient in exp gain, even at a boosted value. PQs on the other hand are very efficient, though they require other players and some coordination.

The advice I gave to my new friends to make early money was to save valueable ores, and grind at maps where you can easily kill mobs. Hopefully you're able to farm monsters somewhat close to your level (but it doesn't have to be) so long as the money you loot + npc price of the equips you get are more than the price of potions you will earn money. Ideally the monsters will drop steel/mithril, black crystal/any of the crystal ores, and at least level 60+ equipment.
To me, this is the most straightforward method because it's simple and doesn't require other players.

Ofir

Sep 30, 2021
Israel
I wouldn't recommend regular questing as only certain quests are very efficient in exp gain, even at a boosted value. PQs on the other hand are very efficient, though they require other players and some coordination.

The advice I gave to my new friends to make early money was to save valueable ores, and grind at maps where you can easily kill mobs. Hopefully you're able to farm monsters somewhat close to your level (but it doesn't have to be) so long as the money you loot + npc price of the equips you get are more than the price of potions you will earn money. Ideally the monsters will drop steel/mithril, black crystal/any of the crystal ores, and at least level 60+ equipment.
To me, this is the most straightforward method because it's simple and doesn't require other players.
You see... i was at the pirate PQ mostly since i hit level 70. from there, i gain about 20-30% exp per round, but the PQ is so boring and repetitive. i do it only for the exp, not because i enjoy it.
thats why i was looking for other things to try.
i dont even have enough for a normal zhelm, which would give me a huge boost to accuracy which i really need, because i'm a dexless Aran. that costs about 10mil.
i dont know what quests to do, but i'm sure there are some quests worth doing. i just dont know which, so i didnt try any yet.
other than pirate pq, i cant think of anything else. there was this ellin pq but i think its even more boring than pirate pq. what other pq's are there?
i'm sure things get more jnteresting at 120+ but i have a long way to get there, so its irrelevant now.
i think money making would help, but finding better leveling spots is even more urgent right now.

Disco

May 27, 2021
You see... i was at the pirate PQ mostly since i hit level 70. from there, i gain about 20-30% exp per round, but the PQ is so boring and repetitive. i do it only for the exp, not because i enjoy it.
thats why i was looking for other things to try.
i dont even have enough for a normal zhelm, which would give me a huge boost to accuracy which i really need, because i'm a dexless Aran. that costs about 10mil.
i dont know what quests to do, but i'm sure there are some quests worth doing. i just dont know which, so i didnt try any yet.
other than pirate pq, i cant think of anything else. there was this ellin pq but i think its even more boring than pirate pq. what other pq's are there?
i'm sure things get more jnteresting at 120+ but i have a long way to get there, so its irrelevant now.
i think money making would help, but finding better leveling spots is even more urgent right now.
I hate pirate pq as well, but in the level 70 range, if you get 2x bond it's super fast. You just gotta tough it out for 1 hr and you'll get a bunch of levels. Romeo and Juliet PQ is great for exp as well, but it's much more difficult to find members and it takes longer to clear. You'll usually have to smega for it or ask in the discord to find a group.

Ofir

Sep 30, 2021
Israel
I hate pirate pq as well, but in the level 70 range, if you get 2x bond it's super fast. You just gotta tough it out for 1 hr and you'll get a bunch of levels. Romeo and Juliet PQ is great for exp as well, but it's much more difficult to find members and it takes longer to clear. You'll usually have to smega for it or ask in the discord to find a group.
i need other options in case pirate pq has not enough players to start, or if i get bored of it, which happens frequently. if i have more options to choose from about where to train, its less boring than doing the same pirate PQ all the time. so, can you think of other options? of course, it doesnt have to be perfect, but just for the purpose of having additional options, not just pirate PQ all the time.
about romeo and juliet pq, even if the pq is good, the fact not many players do it, means it will take too long to even start. i havent done that pq before.
for example, what about popular training locations for this level? mainly ones that i can party up with others, for the exp boost of 2+ attackers in a party.
back in the day i used to play on the official server, there was this mobs before cwkpq, like windraiders and such, but i dont know if its relevant here.
there was also ghost ship, mp3, and so on.
but here, things are probably different.
but the main thing i'm looking for right now, is to find additional options for myself, so i can do other things other than just pirate pq. and dont get me wrong, pirate pq is good exp, but its so boring... i sometimes feel like i'm torturing myself.

Ofir

Sep 30, 2021
Israel
if i ask here, this means i want to receive answers from people who have knowledge about this, who can share things they know.
this means, in a detailed post from them. not by them telling me to go read a guide.
not that guides are bad, but what if i want to hear player's opinion, not just a guide?
i think that is quite legitimate. and dont get me wrong, its not that i'm being lazy about reading a guide or that the guide is bad.

Door

Oct 21, 2021
if i ask here, this means i want to receive answers from people who have knowledge about this, who can share things they know.
this means, in a detailed post from them. not by them telling me to go read a guide.
not that guides are bad, but what if i want to hear player's opinion, not just a guide?
i think that is quite legitimate. and dont get me wrong, its not that i'm being lazy about reading a guide or that the guide is bad.
If you haven't put in any effort to look for the information, why should anyone put in effort to provide you their thoughts in detail? That guide is good and goes into details better than anyone can type out in under 30min.

Reactions: Vano and smol

Angbak

May 24, 2021
Noted. Detailed post below.
Credits:
6th line of General Game Play

PQ options:
  • Pirate PQ (PPQ) is still a good option. EXP is still decent, and even if you dislike it, you can use PPQ to get to Level 71 to go into RnJ PQ. The great thing about PPQ and why it's still popular is because there is a weekly quest option to complete this, it requires only 2 people minimum to go through, and it's pretty brainless in that you just need to kill everything. There is no math or guessing required.
  • Romeo and Juliet PQ (RnJ PQ - level 71 minimum) is located in Magatia. People usually go to the Juliet side, which is located in the room on the far right house (Alcadno Society). Go up the ladder and into the little door. RnJ gives you 12 PQ points per run and about one level per round. It's pretty great! Please click the hyperlink for the guide.
Non-PQ options:
  • continue to leech or train at Twisted Jesters in the Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Clown. Leech level is Level 65, and it's good EXP until Level 70 with HS.
  • MP3 is still pretty okay EXP with HS
  • Wolf Spiders with HS (and a chunk of HP) at MesoGears: Wolf Spider Cavern are leechable from Level 75 onwards. They also drop ilbis and a lot of equips. If you're looking for mesos, this is a great place to train. There are also 2 snipe spots available at the bottom if you're scared of getting hit, but these spots do require some vertical range.
  • Ulu Estate 1 (AKA ulu 1) is a great place to leech if you want to take a chill route. Berserkies' leech level is 80, and Veetrons' leech level is 85. If you are a FMA, you can consider farming here too to help out the lower-levelled players.
Be sure to complete Lam's quests in Malaysia starting from "Away from Kampung". This is the pre-quest line for Scarga.

Once you are level 89, you can go to Galloperas at Malaysia: Entrance to Spooky World. Gallos are weak to holy damage, so priests can also attack here with Shining Ray. Gallos also drop bottomwear dex 60s and GFA 60s, so both can earn you some mesos.

• Haha
Reactions: schmoey and Ofir

Ofir

Sep 30, 2021
Israel
If you haven't put in any effort to look for the information, why should anyone put in effort to provide you their thoughts in detail? That guide is good and goes into details better than anyone can type out in under 30min.
excuse me, first of all, please talk to me with respect. i'm not your friend, and i dont need your permission to ask for information, or ask questions in generally.
if someone wants to put in effort to provide info or not, that's up to them, they can do it even if i didnt bother to read any guide, because i dont have to. but, in this case, i have actually read the guide and preferred, in addition to what i have already learned from the guide, to hear opinions of other players, and maybe they know things, or can share information that the guide didnt provide.
even if you, despite this, think i am doing something wrong, i still have a right to ask for information anyways, even if its provided in a guide. and the truth is, i didnt ask out of laziness to read a guide. i asked because a guide doesnt necessarily provide all the info i might need, or, i might be interested in hearing additional thoughts / opinion, which i think isnt a bad thing. if you think its wrong, you're welcome to think whatever you want. like i said, i dont need your permission to ask a question.

ToastyBun

May 7, 2021
excuse me, first of all, please talk to me with respect. i'm not your friend, and i dont need your permission to ask for information, or ask questions in generally.
if someone wants to put in effort to provide info or not, that's up to them, they can do it even if i didnt bother to read any guide, because i dont have to. but, in this case, i have actually read the guide and preferred, in addition to what i have already learned from the guide, to hear opinions of other players, and maybe they know things, or can share information that the guide didnt provide.
even if you, despite this, think i am doing something wrong, i still have a right to ask for information anyways, even if its provided in a guide. and the truth is, i didnt ask out of laziness to read a guide. i asked because a guide doesnt necessarily provide all the info i might need, or, i might be interested in hearing additional thoughts / opinion, which i think isnt a bad thing. if you think its wrong, you're welcome to think whatever you want. like i said, i dont need your permission to ask a question.
You get respect when you give respect.

Also, guides are people taking their time and effort to provide the exact information you are looking for. Why would anyone bother writing one otherwise? You can go and ask if a guide is up to date, ask questions about components in a guide, or give input in terms of something the guide is missing that you think is useful in the guide. Asking for specific information is fine but making a super general thread about a very open topic with guides that exist is pointless.

Reactions: billy70 and Perfect

Ofir

Sep 30, 2021
Israel
You get respect when you give respect.

Also, guides are people taking their time and effort to provide the exact information you are looking for. Why would anyone bother writing one otherwise? You can go and ask if a guide is up to date, ask questions about components in a guide, or give input in terms of something the guide is missing that you think is useful in the guide. Asking for specific information is fine but making a super general thread about a very open topic with guides that exist is pointless.
i was never disrespectful to this Door guy. he's the one who was jumping at me and attacking me, who came out of nowhere and i dont even know him or who he is. actually, i dont think i was disrespectful to anyone else, not just him. and i still get disrespected.
if you try to tell me how to ask my questions or what i am allowed / not allowed to ask, that is disrespectful. you can say maybe the questions arent very necessary, or some guide can answer the questions i ask, and so on. and yes, you might be correct. but that still doesnt mean i lose my rights to ask a question, or any questions in generally. i dont see any forum rules which prohibit asking questions of any kind, but still, you insist that somehow i'm doing something that is very wrong, despite the fact i asked very normal questions, and you also make a big deal out of it, too, which causes things to go off-topic.
so i fail to understand how you think you can make any decisions on my behalf, about how i need to ask a question or what i can / cant ask, or anything similar to that. man, this is the public forums of this server. its General Discussions. people can come and ask whatever they want, stop trying to teach me how to ask my questions or tell me about how my questions were unnecessary, because there's no such thing. questions are questions, even if they sometimes seem pointless to you. you dont like my questions? dont answer them. i dont think that is hard to do. if you decide to answer, you cant complain about it later.

Angbak

May 24, 2021
Noted. Detailed post below.
Credits:

PQ options:
  • Pirate PQ (PPQ) is still a good option. EXP is still decent, and even if you dislike it, you can use PPQ to get to Level 71 to go into RnJ PQ. The great thing about PPQ and why it's still popular is because there is a weekly quest option to complete this, it requires only 2 people minimum to go through, and it's pretty brainless in that you just need to kill everything. There is no math or guessing required.
  • Romeo and Juliet PQ (RnJ PQ - level 71 minimum) is located in Magatia. People usually go to the Juliet side, which is located in the room on the far right house (Alcadno Society). Go up the ladder and into the little door. RnJ gives you 12 PQ points per run and about one level per round. It's pretty great! Please click the hyperlink for the guide.
Non-PQ options:
  • continue to leech or train at Twisted Jesters in the Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Clown. Leech level is Level 65, and it's good EXP until Level 70 with HS.
  • MP3 is still pretty okay EXP with HS
  • Wolf Spiders with HS (and a chunk of HP) at MesoGears: Wolf Spider Cavern are leechable from Level 75 onwards. They also drop ilbis and a lot of equips. If you're looking for mesos, this is a great place to train. There are also 2 snipe spots available at the bottom if you're scared of getting hit, but these spots do require some vertical range.
  • Ulu Estate 1 (AKA ulu 1) is a great place to leech if you want to take a chill route. Berserkies' leech level is 80, and Veetrons' leech level is 85. If you are a FMA, you can consider farming here too to help out the lower-levelled players.
Be sure to complete Lam's quests in Malaysia starting from "Away from Kampung". This is the pre-quest line for Scarga.

Once you are level 89, you can go to Galloperas at Malaysia: Entrance to Spooky World. Gallos are weak to holy damage, so priests can also attack here with Shining Ray. Gallos also drop bottomwear dex 60s and GFA 60s, so both can earn you some mesos.
Btw, this is a direct copy and paste from the guide. Not sure if you've open the link in the first place.

Ofir

Sep 30, 2021
Israel
Btw, this is a direct copy and paste from the guide. Not sure if you've open the link in the first place.
i've opened it. and i have read this guide before you even gave me a link to it, and after reading it i just wanted to hear opinions from others, and maybe i could figure out more options than the guide provided, or just, hear general thoughts.
for some reason, some players tend to make a big deal out of my questions. i dont even agree with the statement this is pointless to ask, the questions are legitimate, and, a guide never provides everything possible. and generally, whats wrong with asking questions? some people here make a big deal out of it, like its a big violation of rules, but its not.
i have a feeling i might have been a victim of extremely bored people on the forums, who have found a player who is very active on the forums like me and decided to troll him(me) just because i tend to write a lot / make a few threads more than what an average player does.
i'm not surprised, the whole virus made people a little crazy and they're looking at who to take out their frustration on, or i dont know, maybe these people are just easily angered generally.
i must admit i'm surprised by this anyways. i have been particpating on forums of various communities on many servers, but i dont think i ever encountered something like this.

Paris

May 4, 2021
www.uselessgoods.co
To be quite frank, it's harder for newer players to start here because there aren't a lot of people doing the lower level pqs anymore.

Now, there are a lot of resources you can use on the forums. People who have been in your shoes created these guides to help. Whether you use it or not it is up to you.

There's lots of ways to combat it, but no matter what, there's always going to be grinding. Sadly, it's going to get repetitive for a minute, but at the end of the day you'll reach your goal. Nothing comes easy, that goes for real life stuff too. It's going to take time and whether you're willing to put up the time to invest in it.

There's few things that would help speed up progress, like doing weeklys, continuing the ppq until you're able to leech, doing monster cards early to gain passive exp while you're working for stats, socialize, make friends that are willing to grind or help you, but don't feel like you're entitled to it because they're spending their time to help you.

No matter what server you play, you're going to run into the same problem, you're going to be broke in the beginning, no friends, grinds going to be boring. You just need to put in the effort to get the desired results.

Since you say you get bored easily, most people that grind heavily just do repetitive things while watching a movie to pass the time. The best tip I can give for you, is just to go at your own pace. There's no rush to get levels super fast. Enjoy other aspects of the game like socializing and events (halloween event you can grind out for some wa belts right now that you can sell. Doesn't really take a lot of effort, just repetitive jump quest). Again any mmorpg game you play, there's always going to be a grind. Yes, it will be repetitive and it will get boring, but you just gotta stick through it.

Reactions: Ofir

Ofir

Sep 30, 2021
Israel
To be quite frank, it's harder for newer players to start here because there aren't a lot of people doing the lower level pqs anymore.

Now, there are a lot of resources you can use on the forums. People who have been in your shoes created these guides to help. Whether you use it or not it is up to you.

There's lots of ways to combat it, but no matter what, there's always going to be grinding. Sadly, it's going to get repetitive for a minute, but at the end of the day you'll reach your goal. Nothing comes easy, that goes for real life stuff too. It's going to take time and whether you're willing to put up the time to invest in it.

There's few things that would help speed up progress, like doing weeklys, continuing the ppq until you're able to leech, doing monster cards early to gain passive exp while you're working for stats, socialize, make friends that are willing to grind or help you, but don't feel like you're entitled to it because they're spending their time to help you.

No matter what server you play, you're going to run into the same problem, you're going to be broke in the beginning, no friends, grinds going to be boring. You just need to put in the effort to get the desired results.

Since you say you get bored easily, most people that grind heavily just do repetitive things while watching a movie to pass the time. The best tip I can give for you, is just to go at your own pace. There's no rush to get levels super fast. Enjoy other aspects of the game like socializing and events (halloween event you can grind out for some wa belts right now that you can sell. Doesn't really take a lot of effort, just repetitive jump quest). Again any mmorpg game you play, there's always going to be a grind. Yes, it will be repetitive and it will get boring, but you just gotta stick through it.
Yes, I agree. The repetitive problem exists in many other MMO's, not just this. it even exists in post-bb. the version doesnt even have any effect on this, they can improve the game and add 50 more classes but its still the same repetitive nature, which i guess you get used to.
but the bigger problem is, some communities arent as friendly as you might expect. i learned that the hard way on here, although i wasnt sure about it before i made threads on the forums.
honestly, why would i be a target for trolling / stalking just because i asked questions which to others, seem like were already answered?
what if i want more answers? more options, more information. i insist that there's nothing wrong with that.
like i stated in the previous post, some people on the forums here, have frustration they bring with them and try to take it out on whatever they can. they've found an easy target like me to do so, and doesnt matter where their frustration's coming from, its not fair they are taking it out on me.
thats what made me realize there was nothing very wrong with my questions, the problem is on their part.
not everyone, but atleast a few of those who replied in this thread.
just... wow. i mean, i've participated on many forums in the past. i took part in many discussions. but... i dont think i've encountered this before. not something like this. i've encountered trolls who look for trouble / look for what to criticize, but never when i was asking a simple question on the forums in a new thread.

smol

May 23, 2021
Henesys
Guides are written by people who have lived through the experience and want to share their knowledge in a visual and organized manner. They're not just random posts we vomit on a keyboard to get likes.

I have written 3 guides for this server because I wanted to share my knowledge, one of them is the training guide which offers PQ and non PQ options. Other people like Study and Paris and Berbie have written their own guides too based on their fields of expertise.

What makes you think a random person on here would have a more valid opinion than a person who has spent time to write a detailed, organized guide based on their experience?

I'm not saying that random people are inherently less experienced, but you already have guides which are "answers from people who have knowledge about this, who can share things they know". Guides are literally what you are asking for.

Reactions: Perfect
Status
Not open for further replies.