Improve self-tracking methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arua

Jul 19, 2021
Category: QoL

Hello, I just want to start by saying that I’m not the smartest/most aware person, so this might not be as much of an issue for other people, in which case I apologize. However, even with the @track command implemented, I feel like I still can’t really “see” myself in larger runs.
Hello, I just want to start by saying that I’m not the smartest/most aware person, so this might not be as much of an issue for other people, in which case I apologize. However, even with the @track command implemented, I feel like I still can’t really “see” myself in larger runs.

Not only is the text bubble sometimes in the background, but I’ll occasionally have my character sent to the background and have to do a little wiggling to see myself again. Also, as we get more elaborate fashion items (in particular large capes [not hating on them, they look great!]), I feel like there’s just too much in the way, even with @fx.

I think there could be a few ways to address this (if it’s an issue for other people at all):

1. Change the @track speech bubble so that it’s always in the foreground
2. Allow color changes to the @track speech bubble
3. Allow @track to also place an outline around our character (this one I’m not too certain about because it sounds like a nightmare to implement)

The main reason why I brought this up is because I feel like I can’t see the edge of platforms during bosses like Zakum and Horntail so I fall of like an idiot but now that I reread what I just wrote, sounds like a me problem for that case…

But if possible, I would still like some improvements to the @track command. I know blackboards are a thing, but I don’t want to annoy other people by using one :(

Bienfu

Aug 4, 2021
A good improvement is to visually turn everyone in the map around you into snails

or ugly beginners

Arua

Jul 19, 2021
That looks pretty dope :0
Is there any way to make it so that it appears in the foreground 100% of the time? I think one of the main issues is that the current @track gets covered up (a lot of times because of my ifrit)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.