Hurricane not doing damage when moving/changing position

Kousei

Oct 9, 2021
On the video sometimes hurri wont be doing dmg, If you watch the end, some arrows show "but they arent doing dmg" , If im aiming to right and i move to the left a bit
Then comeback to my main objective that was on the right ( animation + some dps will be lost)
I tested this on cht + cwk just now plenty times.

If i get knocked back and im pressing key(bind to spam hurri) it will cancel and i will have to press the key again (not sure if this is intended)

Stayyy

Aug 22, 2021
+1, walking and changing direction will make the arrow gone for few seconds (or perhaps equivalent to restarting hurricane?).

Another situation is that when pressing and holding hurricane key (not macro/bind key or anything, just 1 key) and staying at the same spot, the arrow will be gone for like 1-2 seconds and appear again.

Kinda annoying as this will cause losing dps :/

danny1996

Aug 9, 2021
+1, walking and changing direction will make the arrow gone for few seconds (or perhaps equivalent to restarting hurricane?).

Another situation is that when pressing and holding hurricane key (not macro/bind key or anything, just 1 key) and staying at the same spot, the arrow will be gone for like 1-2 seconds and appear again.

same for me

avoru

Aug 28, 2021

I've got the same problems. If there is no solution for this I'd opt for reverting hurri change and straight up boosting hurris dmg instead, this bug is very annoying

Stephen

Jan 19, 2020
I've got the same problems. If there is no solution for this I'd opt for reverting hurri change and straight up boosting hurris dmg instead, this bug is very annoying
@dreaM please roll this back atleast until the issues are ironed out. I also 100% agree that this change could be completely substituted for an increase in freefire dps. QOL changes are getting out of hand here.

Brief

Staff member
Game Master
May 17, 2021
After looking deeper into this case, there seem to be an bug with the animation, but the damage is still there.
Hurricane will continue to do damage as long it's facing the correct direction. The arrows that shot out at the end deal no damage due to animation delay, and are in fact arrows that were missing from the gap near the start of the cast.

Below is another clip showing Hurricane doing dmg as long as the character is facing the correct direction.

Clip of Hurricane doing constant damage during movement. (Even when no arrows are shown coming out)

avoru

Aug 28, 2021
The situation is still bad. For example when fighting multiple monsters(ex. doing weeklies at shao) my BM does many shots to a monster that should be already dead but is not, because the arrows didn't shoot yet, before the monster dies.

I played before hurri change and it wasn't as bad(of course 2-3 arrows hit the dead monster but now it's like 10 to 12 arrows often). Now the arrows that were missing are often still shooting a "dead" target that is still visible.

Also, if it's okay we are supposed to play a class that supposedly works fine in the background, but we have no idea what's going on on the screen?

I'm not trying to be offensive, just want to clarify if it's team's final statement or is this going to be fixed or reverted?

Brief

Staff member
Game Master
May 17, 2021
The situation is still bad. For example when fighting multiple monsters(ex. doing weeklies at shao) my BM does many shots to a monster that should be already dead but is not, because the arrows didn't shoot yet, before the monster dies.

I played before hurri change and it wasn't as bad(of course 2-3 arrows hit the dead monster but now it's like 10 to 12 arrows often). Now the arrows that were missing are often still shooting a "dead" target that is still visible.

Also, if it's okay we are supposed to play a class that supposedly works fine in the background, but we have no idea what's going on on the screen?

I'm not trying to be offensive, just want to clarify if it's team's final statement or is this going to be fixed or reverted?
That was my personal statement to simply the confirm there is no dps loss so readers aren't misled. As per my first sentence, I acknowledged there was a animation bug. Until a fix is implemented, players can use the mob's HP bar as an indication of what's happening in the "background", similar to mage's FMA.

avoru

Aug 28, 2021
That was my personal statement to simply the confirm there is no dps loss so readers aren't misled. As per my first sentence, I acknowledged there was a animation bug. Until a fix is implemented, players can use the mob's HP bar as an indication of what's happening in the "background", similar to mage's FMA.
Okay, thank you for your reply. I've uploaded a video for the first time ever to show what it looks like on my end and maybe help.

As you can see, even monster hp isn't a good indication as it drops down when I'm facing the other direction.

Bowmaster8

Aug 15, 2021
Ye, I agree with you. After hurricane QoL, BM can get more DPS, I'm sure w it. Hurricane is just not smooth enough. Sometimes it can't both jump and move while attack. In my opinion, it still a good QoL that GM gave BM.
Hope GM team can fix it soon, more smooth and not stop when get knockback!!
+1 DreamMS GM team <3

• Love
Reactions: Brief

dreaM

Staff member
Administrator
Developer
Apr 30, 2019
Can confirm the following bugs:
  • A number of arrows will continue to fire in the previous direction upon changing directions. If this troublesome, a temporary workaround would be to let go of Hurricane key as you would have prior to this change
  • There is an animation delay before Hurricane is seen to be free-firing upon changing direction and moving. This is a visual bug only. It will look as if Hurricane is being 'restarted' but damage is still being applied
Fixed the following bug with the recent patch:
  • Hurricane ending when taking damage in some instances
I've taken into consideration the request to revert the change but the pros outweight the cons in this situation as currently Hurricane effectively has 100% stance thus damage output has increased.

avoru

Aug 28, 2021
I've taken into consideration the request to revert the change but the pros outweight the cons in this situation as currently Hurricane effectively has 100% stance thus damage output has increased.
Can confirm, after the last update BM became more appealing. The arrows not changing direction with me are still annoying but hurricane not being interrupted increases my dmg(it is interrupted tho if you check dmg meters, but only for a second after you get damaged, the animation doesn't go off) and is a good improvement.

Thank you dreaM for improving our hard BM lives !

Reactions: Bowmaster8

Bowmaster8

Aug 15, 2021
Can confirm, after the last update BM became more appealing. The arrows not changing direction with me are still annoying but hurricane not being interrupted increases my dmg(it is interrupted tho if you check dmg meters, but only for a second after you get damaged, the animation doesn't go off) and is a good improvement.

Thank you dreaM for improving our hard BM lives !
Ye, BM still cry when attacking PB body XD Nearly can't do damage because of being kicked by PB, the smiliar to EMPRESS.
Anw, BM is better day by day :)

Ofir

Sep 30, 2021
Israel
Hi, I recently noticed the animation delay, but yes, like stated, it seems like damage is still applied when that happens, its only visual.
I just wanted to ask, if anyone gets interrupted during Hurricane, if you are attacked by the enemy?
Usually I dont, but I dont remember if possibly I can be interrupted when I'm attacked. And, if yes, maybe that shouldnt happen.
Also, maybe some attacks interrupt, and some dont? Or you never get interrupted anyways?
Yeah, I'm not so sure, it would be nice to find out.
Also, why is it difficult to fix the animation problem? If you were able to make it so you can move with Hurricane, an animation fix isnt supposed to be a big deal to do.

Bowmaster8

Aug 15, 2021
Hi, I recently noticed the animation delay, but yes, like stated, it seems like damage is still applied when that happens, its only visual.
I just wanted to ask, if anyone gets interrupted during Hurricane, if you are attacked by the enemy?
Usually I dont, but I dont remember if possibly I can be interrupted when I'm attacked. And, if yes, maybe that shouldnt happen.
Also, maybe some attacks interrupt, and some dont? Or you never get interrupted anyways?
Yeah, I'm not so sure, it would be nice to find out.
Also, why is it difficult to fix the animation problem? If you were able to make it so you can move with Hurricane, an animation fix isnt supposed to be a big deal to do.
I just wanted to ask, if anyone gets interrupted during Hurricane, if you are attacked by the enemy? -> Ofc Hurricane will stop when you stay near mobs or bosses because Hurricane will change to Mortal Blow skill.
And some cases below you can be interrupted:
- Not enough MP and you don't take notice.
- You got stunning/locking skill...

Also, why is it difficult to fix the animation problem? If you were able to make it so you can move with Hurricane, an animation fix isnt supposed to be a big deal to do. -> DreaM said it's just animation :) And I think it doesn't affect to me. Still good and not much neccessary to fix. XD
Anw, wlc to BMs community, good luck man :)

Ofir

Sep 30, 2021
Israel
I just wanted to ask, if anyone gets interrupted during Hurricane, if you are attacked by the enemy? -> Ofc Hurricane will stop when you stay near mobs or bosses because Hurricane will change to Mortal Blow skill.
And some cases below you can be interrupted:
- Not enough MP and you don't take notice.
- You got stunning/locking skill...

Also, why is it difficult to fix the animation problem? If you were able to make it so you can move with Hurricane, an animation fix isnt supposed to be a big deal to do. -> DreaM said it's just animation :) And I think it doesn't affect to me. Still good and not much neccessary to fix. XD
Anw, wlc to BMs community, good luck man :)
Haha, thanks for the warm welcome. I enjoy being a Bowmaster so far and dont see that changing soon. I'm glad to be part of the Bowmasters community, even if this community isnt large. But, I still see Bowmasters from time to time.
The recent change to Hurricane skill was great, it also shows this server's Staff actually care about this class, and they dont ignore problems.
The animation is really not a big deal, but I was just saying, if its easy to fix, it should be fixed. But yeah, not a big problem.
Hey guys, what do you prefer using more to keep distance from enemies, Dragon Breath or Power Knock Back?
For me, I use Power Knock Back mostly. But Dragon Breath might be more effective.